I’ve recently fallen in love with Tabasco Chipotle Hot Sauce, I’ve been trying to work it into or onto as many things as I can. It’s smoky spiciness turns into sticky loveliness when cooked so it’s ideal for turning vegetables into actually interesting dishes. I guess some people would like sweet potato slices without the extra smoke and spice. I’d really rather those guys would quietly do one and leave the better people to do the eating. Spice for us, please.
This recipe is a real quickie and it’s colourful as hell. I think these make a solid addition to a BBQ. I had these as a side with my cheesy Juicy Lucy Falafel Burgers, which I also showered with chipotle hot sauce. If I start Eyeball Paul-ing the stuff please stop me.
Tabasco have in no way paid or blackmailed me into writing this post. They are huge, they don’t need me!
- 1 medium sweet potato
- Olive oil for brushing
- Paprika for sprinkling
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- Chipotle hot sauce
- Scrub the sweet potato and slice into 1-2cm rounds.
- Brush one side of the slices with the oil, lightly sprinkle with paprika, season and add a few drops of chipotle hot sauce.
- Place the slices oiled side down onto the BBQ or a griddle pan on a medium heat. Cook for 3- 4 mins or until browned underneath.
- While the slices are cooking brush the top side with oil, lightly sprinkle with paprika, season and add a few drops of chipotle hot sauce.
- Flip the slices over and cook for another 3- 4 mins or until browned underneath.
- Remove from the BBQ/ griddle pan, if desired add extra hot sauce and serve.